The City of London is the capital’s financial and historic heart, and the place where Romans established their city of Londinium. Built over 800 years ago, the City of London mixes Roman ruins and modern icons in a wonderful way. It is home to thousands of tourists each year due to its buildings, cultural and religious diversity. This place is widely referred to “the City” or “Square Mile”. It’s the primary Central Business District of London, that is to say the commercial or financial pole, including the London Stock Exchange, one of the largest stock markets in the World.
What to do in the City of London?
The City of London is the place to many of most the famous attractions. There are many things to do when you are visiting this marvelous and historic city. You can explore the fascinating museums, world-famous art galleries, green spaces, bars, restaurants, and shops.
- Do shopping in the Leadenhall Market,
- Eat at the highest restaurant in London, Duck & Waffle, or at the Gherkin to admire the incredible panoramic view,
- Explore the Tower Bridge and St Paul’s Cathedral,
- Take a tour of the main stations within the City: Liverpool Street, London Blackfriars, City Thameslink, Fenchurch Street, Cannon Street, and Moorgate,
- Visit famous historic places for free like the Museum of London, the Guildhall Art Gallery or the Sky Garden,
- If you like architecture from the 17th to the 20th century, you can admire the Bank of England or the Old Bailey, and for those who like modern architecture, you must see The Gherkin.
If you like the City of London, don’t hesitate to visit our site dedicated to the British capital http://londonfashiontv.co.uk.